EEE is equipment that needs electric current or electromagnetic field in order to operate.
To ensure easier separate collection of WEEE and reduce the quantity of WEEE in mixed municipal waste, manufacturers must make sure that EEE placed on the market is marked with a symbol for separate collection of WEEE (a crossed out garbage bin on wheels).
1. LARGE DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
- washing machines,
- tumble dryers,
- large stoves,
- electric ovens,
- electric cooking hobs,
- microwave ovens,
- other large appliances for cooking and other types of food preparation,
- electric heating appliances,
- electric radiators,
- other large appliances for heating rooms, beds and chairs,
- electric fans,
- air conditioners,
- other ventilation equipment,
- exhaust ventilation and air conditioning equipment..
- large cooling appliances,
- cooling appliances,
- other large cooling appliances,
- preservation and temporary storage of food.
2. SMALL DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
- vacuum cleaners,
- sweeping devices,
- other cleaning devices,
- sewing, knitting, weaving and other fabric processing devices,
- irons and other ironing devices, mangling and other textile care devices,
- frying devices,
- coffee grinders, coffee makers and equipment for opening or hermetic closing of containers or packaging,
- electrical knives,
- hair shearing and drying, tooth brushing, shaving, massaging and other body care devices,
- alarm clocks, watches, devices for measuring, displaying or keeping of time,
3. IT and TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICES
centralised processing of data:
- large computers,
- small computers,
- printing units,
- personal computers,
- portable computers,
- copy machines,
- electric and electronic typewriters,
- pocket and desk calculators,
- and other products and equipment for collection,
- presentation or communication of information by electronic means,
- user terminals and systems,
- pay phones,
- wireless phones,
- mobile phones,
- answering machines,
- and other products or equipment for transferring sound,
- images or other information via telecommunication.
- PC and laptop monitors,
- other displays.
4. FUN ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT AND PHOTOVOLTAIC PANELS
- video cameras,
- video recorders,
- audio amplifiers,
- musical instruments,
- and other products and equipment for recording and reproducing sound, images or signals, or other technology for distribution of sound and images except telecommunications,
- photovoltaic panels.
- TV sets.
5. LIGHTING EQUIPMENT
- lamps for fluorescent lightbulbs, except household lamps,
- other lighting or equipment for the diffusion or control of light except incandescent lightbulbs.
- stick fluorescent lamps,
- compact fluorescent lamps,
- high intensity lamps, including high-pressure lamps with sodium vapours and metal halide lamps,
- low-pressure lighting with sodium vapours,
- LED lamps.
6. ELECTRIC AND ELECTRONIC TOOLS
- sewing machines,
- equipment for turning, milling, buffing, crushing, sawing, cutting, shearing, punching, excision, bending, curving or other types of processing of wood, metal or other materials,
- tools for riveting, hammering nails, attaching screws or removing rivets, nails, screws etc.,
- tools for welding, brazing etc.,
- equipment for spraying, dissemination, dispersion or other processing of fluid and gassy substances with other agents,
- tools for mowing and other gardening activities.
7. TOYS, LEISURE AND SPORTS EQUIPMENT
- electric trains or race cars,
- handheld game consoles,
- computers for cycling, diving, running, rowing etc.,
- sports equipment with electric or electronic components,
- slot machines.
8. MEDICAL DEVICES
- radiotherapy equipment,
- cardiology equipment,
- dialysis equipment,
- ventilation devices,
- nuclear medicine equipment,
- in vitro diagnosis laboratory equipment,
- analysis devices,
- refrigeration devices,
- fertilization test devices,
- other devices for identifying, preventing, monitoring, healing and mitigation of illnesses, injuries or disabilities.
9. INSTRUMENTS FOR MONITORING AND CONTROL
Measuring, weighing or regulating devices in households or laboratory equipment
Other instruments for monitoring and control, used in industrial installations (e.g. in control panels).
10. VENDING MACHINES AND ATMS
- Hot beverage vending machines
- Vending machines with hot or cold beverages in bottles or cans
- Vending machines for solid products
- Vending machines for various types of products.